30 Jan Foodie Fun with Chef Brandon: Zesty Zucchini Ribbon Salad
This delicious summer salad is healthy, light, loaded with flavor and simple to make on a warm summer day.
The Greenmarket is overflowing with zucchini in every single direction and how fun is zucchini ribbons! If you’re a wiz with a mandolin, I recommend using it to slice your zucchini. You’ll want to put it on a setting to get paper thin slices if you do not have a mandolin, a vegetable peeler can be used make these beautiful green and white ribbons.
Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Mint, Feta & Pine Nuts
Yield: Serves 2-4
- 3 medium zucchinis, ends chopped off
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler, applying even pressure as you work, and shave zucchini lengthwise to create thin ribbons. Alternatively, you can use a mandolin.
- In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, toasted pine nuts, feta, mint and olive oil, and season with a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve immediately, chilled or at room temperature.